Hilary,

I had a PD patient who I was seeing who absolutely swore by Dramamine patches.
He felt he functioned much better with them.  In fact there was a one to two
year period where they were not available OTC (or by prescription) in the US
while they were being reformulated. The family got wind of the recall and
bought up about a 6 month supply.  When I was in Europe I got him some also and
directed them to Canadian pharmacies which they used for a while until they ran
out also.

I think both drugs work as anticholenergics similar to artane and cogentin.
That also would fit with Ida's experience since often the wear off over a
couple weeks.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.