Thanks, Nina -

The intriguing on-List "reviewing" of the "Challenge of Young Parkinson's
Disease"
videotape is bringing out several thoughts this early morning.

              < Remember Alan Bonander >

It is certainly OK with me to mention in your on-List
reviews any specific points that you wish had been included, or
emphasized,
or points that you would rather see left aside in the future.

It helps to know what you were particularly relieved
about, as far as things not forgotten.  I mentioned "stem
cell research" for example, but the sound engineer cut
away before I could begin to mention many other hopeful
areas of PD research.

   I wish we List-members had a unified symbol or logo to wear
on our lapels or shirts when appearing on TV. I wore my own local
"no Parkinson's" pin.  It helps to focus our message.

  I wish we List-members could develop a slogan, like "Fund
the Cure to Parkinson's Disease," especially as the millennium
and the END of the "Decade of the Brain" still find us UN-cured.

  I worry about how to minimize uncontrollable aspects of what
a viewer will see when watching  the finished product. In filming
"Challenge"
as a guest in the studios of WPME-TV's "Forum 2000" program, I had NO
advanced information on studio lights, seating, camera angles, dress and
make-up,
visuals, or close-ups!

Keep in mind that I had only two days to get ready, and did not
know the questions in advance. I could not get my hair and beard
trimmed before appearing at the studio with two personal care
attendants.

 SO, look out, Hollywood! I'm just about ready to find out if I qualify
for actor's Equity. and can start charging a fee!  And creating a
Parkinson's Research Fund.

Ivan
:-)

On August 11 at 10:30 AM, my 5th TV appearance will be filmed.
This time, it is hosted by Janet Alexander of Maine Health, a consortium
of leading hospitals in southern and southwestern Maine.  She will
be interviewing my neurologist and me for an hour-long show.  The
topics to be covered are at least somewhat known in advance.

Janet  is planning on having it shown 15 times in one month.

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 02:12:46 -0500 "Nina P. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I was just going to give a review of Ivan's tape, but I couldn't
>have said it better.
>Ivan, you did an excellent job of  getting all the pertinent
>information out in a calm, confident,
>informed manner.  Bravo!
>nina
>
>Alison Landes wrote:
>
>> I had the opportunity to view Ivan's tape. He has done an excellent
>job of
>> explaining what people with Parkinson's confront on a daily basis,
>short and
>> long term. The interviewer is concise with his questions and Ivan
>answers
>> them directly and honestly. In a simple studio setting, with the
>interviewer
>> and Ivan seated opposite one another, Ivan shares a considerable
>amount of
>> eye-opening information with the interviewer and the viewing
>audience.
>> Definitely big steps in the right direction.
>>
>> More to follow --
>>
>> Alison Landes
>>
>> Alison Landes

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       52 knee-knocking  deg. F
:-) clear