I have had an EMG. I consist of being stuck with a solid needle (small)
doesn't hurt like an hypodermic need. It sends an electric  current back
to a mysterious machine. I don't remember any particular pain at all-
maybe a tingle now and then. You have to do it anyway. Honest, it was
not bad. Nita This was a few years ago, but I doubt if they have changed
much, if any.