Carol  and Don,

I am going on vacation Friday as well.  For those of you who remember
sending me words of encouragement last April when I resigned my position and
applied for disability retirement, thank you again.  As of 7/31/99, I am a
retired County Extension Agent, Agriculture, with full disability approved
by civil service and insurance (still waiting on teacher's retirement to
make the final determination).  Anyway, I haven't posted to the list in
awhile, been reading some pig stuff, deleting some, and rooting for Vito (I
can sympathize, I had a custodian like that one time myself). In general,
keeping a low profile, and chewing my fingernails up to the elbows...., but
that has changed and just in time to enjoy sunny Florida.  Once again,
thanks to the letters of support I received.  And one last comment,
regarding "no matter how many parenthesis we type, it still isn't a hug"

At 3 am, on the second or third night I haven't been able to sleep for the
pain, and thinking about retiring at 40, putting 2 kids through college on a
restricted income, wondering if the neuro has any damn idea what
Hallervorden Spatz disease is, or for that matter, if he can find his
stethoscope when its hung around his neck,  and the pack of  kazankas* draw
near to the window, and start circling my mind, it is very comforting to
find caring people willing to listen and help, or just to visit with you, in
a chatroom, or on email.  And (((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))
can mean more than all the "real"hugs in the world will some other time when
its more convenient.

And that is my opinion for the month.............
tex

*for those wishing to learn what a kazanka is, briefly it is  what makes the
hair stand up on the back of your neck in the middle of the night, when all
is still and your heart races away, with sweaty palms and a dry mouth, and
nothing in sight to cause it....  For more information on these fascinating
creatures, email me at [log in to unmask] and we can visit more.

p.s. they eat pork..............