Dear John:

Thanks for your insightful question that you pose.  I will try to answer them
as best and as completely as possible.  Forgive me for not replying sooner,
but my meds were in their waning minutes last night when I read your post.
After my meds totally wear off, typing is difficult for me, as is deleting
messages.

I agree with you that laughter is often the best medicine.  I know a good
laugh makes me feel better.  However, I am advocating relegating the pig
humor to a second list.  When I go down to my computer in the morning and
check my overnight mail, I am often distressed by the inordinate number of
"pig postings."  When a better part of my mail, upwards of 50%, has nothing
at all to do with Parkinson's Disease, but instead deals with the trials and
tribulations of a bunch of imaginary pigs, I question why I remain on the
list.  However, that question is answered almost immediately upon coming upon
a message dealing with potential cures and/or treatments.

Thus, John, I believe that there is room for the occasional joke on the list,
but let the PIGS BE GONE!  Put the Pig humor elsewhere.  The PIG postings
clutter the list and make it nearly impossible for those of us looking for
answers and help with a disease that no one wants to sort the wheat
(information) from the chafe (Pigs).  If there were fewer PIG postings, then
maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  But, once the pig postings start, there is no
stopping the flow.  It is impossible to place your finger in the dike and
hold back the creativity of the listmembers who enjoy adding to the daily
saga of the pigs.

I hope that I have answered your questions.  If not, please let me know.

Harlan Williams