Thanks for the input about needing sinemet.  At least I don't feel like I'm
being unreasonable to ask for levodopa....although I agree minimal is best.

Jeanette Fuhr

----------
From: Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PERMAX as monotherapy in early PD
Date: Thursday, August 05, 1999 8:19 AM

Jeanette Fuhr wrote in part:
<<I'm ready to say"Give me back the Sinemet so I can function more
normally."  Am I being impatient or not?>>

i feel that your difficulties will require some levodopa. the Permax
level should be perhaps retained - and try minimal levodopa. personally,
i find the price of the generic carbidopa/levodopa better.

the strictures against breaking CR tablets are not evidenced by the
data. there is much variability in the absorption data of the Sinemet
CR. i say (not an official or professional opinion, just what i have
learned) try a small amount. it just may work well! the easiest schedule
would be taking half of a 25/100 CR Sinemet three times daily - about 20
minutes before meals - or perhaps the first one-half upon awaking.

--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter