All,

RE your response:

That means that all have the right to state their opinions of everything
including the list IMHO and how to change it if is felt necessary. That
might be voluntary rather than involuntary  restrictions.  Just letting
people know that a topic is becoming offensive or too much of a good
thing might be enough if the individual was open to feedback.  If it is
important to them they might elect to continue it anyway.  But at least
they are getting feedback. Carole didn't get much negative feedback
until she was broadsided by David.

Carole you were new to the list and presumed that was the way people
interacted here.  I didn't say anything to you so I have no right to
bitch at you and indeed I am not angry at you- any more than I am  angry
at John, Camilla and other "pig lovers".  I just deleted and deleted.  I
hope you stay and contribute and learn. And if you want yell at my
opinions including this one.

But my major concern is the voice of authority saying " No arguing about
list structure.  The issue is closed".  That is akin to the banning of a
dissenting party  in a democracy even when they plan peaceful change.

I disagree that the list is not democratic.  IMHO,  it is democratic
because that is how Barb wants it to be. While we are her "guests" she
has chosen to let us within limits of propriety do what we choose to do
and not interfere.  I have not heard Barb say that any subject is out of
bounds including "the list" and until I hear that I will continue to- I
hope tactfully but honestly state my opinions.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin