Special Edition of the Parkinsaw, MI Chronicles
August 5, 1999

Preliminary Pontifications Prohibiting Porker Postings Prompts Parkinsaw
Pow-wow

Chubby Labarre, President of Sty King, originally formed to promote the
image of the lowly pig, and I met today over several Levolagers at the
Northern Lights micro brewery to discuss the latest developments
concerning the doo-doo our porcine friends find themselves in.  The
Flying Pigs are gone and the Parcel Post Pigs are Predictably Postponing
Packing.  The Sanctuary is dark.  The Michigan Wolverines are back in
the woods, the Tasmanian Devil returned to Tasmania, the Gandy Dancer
has silently vanished and Dudly Doowrong is filling out job applications
over the internet.

After crying in our suds for a couple of hours, we realized we were just
making matters worse by taking a negative, defeatist attitude.   When
the going gets tough, the tough don't cry in their beer, they get going
too.  That's the Parkinsaw Way.  (Fade to black)

(Camera ready, roll it!) From my vantage point I see the problem as
simply too many NON-PD posts every day, week in and week out.  The sheer
volume of these posts on a daily basis has bothered other members of the
List to the extent that their protests have resulted in our removing all
pig related material.  I think we have to be careful not to throw out
the humorous baby out with the administrative bath water.  We need to
think this thing through and see if there isn't a more moderate solution
than Purging Porker Posts.  Since I'm a humorist and not a arbitrator it
should come as no great surprise that I have only one option to
present.  But, it's a start.  And, (drum roll), here it is:

My understanding of the problem, such as it is, revolves around the
sheer numbers of posts on a daily basis which has caused some list
members  to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in their wrists from deleting
so many of our non-pd pig related messages.  Further, some members are
just tired noticing the presence of the posts containing references to
pigs.  So, why not change to another animal, say bats?  Just kidding.
We could, though, set aside a specific day of the week when we would
post our messages involving our Porker Pals, for instance, Friday.  This
way the other six days of the week would be free of pig related humor.
Those members who find Porker Postings Positively Pesky would be
emotionally prepared on Friday and perhaps wear elastic wrist wrappings
to avoid damaging sensitive tendons.  And, the rest of the week, for six
whole days they wouldn't have to contend with pigs.  This would allow us
to continue the porker saga albeit in a somewhat muted fashion, while
maintaining peace in the valley.  So, chin up Camilla!  Now a smile,
Hillary! Wipe those tears, Carol of CT!  It is just possible we might
ride again.  As the Sty-King motto says:  "This could be the start of
something pig!"

John Bjork
The Parkinsaw Chronicles
Parkinsaw, MI