DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION AUGUST 26, 1996.  Over the last few years,
we've heard a lot about something called family values.  And like many off
you.  I've struggled to figure out what that means.  But since my accident,
I've found a definition that seems to make sense.  I think it means that
we're all family; that we all have value.  And if that's true if America
really is a family, then we have to recognize that many of our members are
hurting.

Just to take one aspect of it, one in five of us has some kind of disability.
You may have an aunt with Parkinson's disease.  A neighbor with a spinal cord
injury.  A brother with AIDS. And if we re really committed to this idea of
family, we've got to do something about it.