From: Hans van der Genugten <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PERMAX as monotherapy in early PD
Date: Thursday, August 05, 1999 3:20 PM

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Leo Fuhr <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: donderdag 5 augustus 1999 14:43
Onderwerp: PERMAX as monotherapy in early PD

Hi Jeanette,

>> I have titrated up to .25mg 3xs daily with moderately fair results.  <<

3x0.25mg/day is a low dose. In general the effective dose for young onsets
is around 3x0.50mg/day or more. So IMO you are simply undermedicated. I
suggest you discuss with your neuro to gradually increase the Permax up to
3x0.50mg/day. If that doesnt help or keeps causing side-effects, THEN you
might consider bringing in the Sinemet CR.

Hans.