-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, August 06, 1999 7:46 AM
Subject: you are cordially invited...a clarification...brass tacks

Good morning, Barb et al,
>I had composed the absolutely perfect response to yesterday's
'discussion'....then my system crashed and I lost it all. So, here's my
not-so-perfect attempt this morning (while waiting for meds &
>coffee kick in).

    I'm waiting for meds and coffee to kick in, too.
    Thank you for responding to yesterday's 'dicussion.' It was
important to me that you, as the list founder, address this issue.

>Any and all discussion about use of the Parkinsn list is welcomed.  I
>know I would not be interested in a list that discussed nothing but
>medications and surgeries...nor would I be interested in a list with
ONLY
>or even MOSTLY humour.  This list was created so we could learn and
teach
>and support each other while we battle pd.  The precise balance of
humour
>and information has about 1800 definitions which vary daily.  It will
>NEVER satisfy all of the people all of the time.

    This is how I see the list, also. I hope that ALL members will take
note of all the concerns expressed yesterday. While it is true you can't
please everybody all of the time, it is important that the humour not
smother the Pksn content.
    I enjoyed some of the pig humour initially, but IMO it continued for
too long and faced with deleting so many messages every day (often
before meds kicked in) was a chore.
    I don't agree with flaming or personal attacks either.
Unfortunately, that's what happens when a 'thread' breaks the camel's
back. I think the word 'restraint' is the key. However, how that is
accomplished is going to be up to every writer.
    I'm going away for the weekend and hopefully when I return the list
will be back to its normal (?) self.
    Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^