Brian Collins wrote:
>It seems to me that almost everyone is missing the point about this
>non-event. I will try again to convey the points which are really
>irritating me.
>
>1/ SmithKline Beecham have made NO major breakthrough.
>2  SmithKline Beecham have simply re-stated what we have all known for
the
>   past 5 years: that the Dopamine Agonists from Permax on are capable
of
>   acting like dopamine to the nervous system, without increasing the
>   risk of dyskinesia.

Brian,
    Just so you don't lose any sleep over this...
    I wasn't 'fooled.' When the report first came out, I commented to Al
that this wasn't new, so what's the big deal? I suspect many of us who
have been on the PD trail for a while also were not fooled.

>3/ I admit to a grudging respect at SKB's nerve at wrapping the package
>    so that it fools  (apparently) just about everyone at the
conference.

    We don't know that anybody at the conference was fooled either. The
reporters who covered the conference might have been impressed because
they are probably not knowledgable about Parkinson drugs.
    I recently heard a local TV commentator say, "A press release is one
opinion of a multi-sided issue." As always, we have to take everything
we read with a grain of salt.
    Rest easy my friend...
   Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^