As requested by PAN, I recently wrote to my   Senator and House Rep....expressing support for  the research for Parkinson's disease....I have had no response from Senator Feinstein but have had a response from Rep.  Ron Packard.....the first paragraph  thanked me for writing...second paragraph discussed PD afflictions for 1.5 million Americans and cost of $7 billion annually. and that it was important that these efforts are properly funded....Third paragraph started with "As you know, ....HR  1260.....signed and into law in 1998, authorized appropriation of up to $100 million......etc.......
fourth paragraph discussed his support over the years for provisions emphasizing NIH funding be allocated to Parkinson's disease.....Fifth paragraph stated, "Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind during this year's budget negotiations.  In the meantime,  please visit my  Internet web site at"  ......where you can sign up for his newsletter.  Joan Hartman
PS...are we to keep our responses or forward them to PAN???