On Mon 09 Aug, Emma Hughes wrote:
> i was wondering if anyone could tell me which drug is most comonly taken in the early
> stages of PD.  My mothers friend takes 'EFEXOR - XR' (VENLAFAXIN).  However, I have be
> en reading that 'LEVODOPA' is common.  Can anyone tell me the difference betweeen thes
> e two?  Maybe a little about LEVODOPA?  is the drug she is taking an anticholinergic d
> rug?    Help me please?????  Thankyou
> Kind Regards
> Emma

Hello Emma,  might I suggest that you go to Simon Coles web site and read a
note which I wrote, containing all that I have learned about levodopa
during 21 years of PD.

    http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/brian

PS I have no knowledge of Efexor : I would advise you to ask plenty of
questions before you buy it.

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>