Dear Emma--there are some very kind and experienced PWPs from Australia on
the PD list--and active organizations also, in case you are not aware of
them, in Concord  NSW; Yungaba ,Qld; Unley,SA;
Lindisfarne,TAS; Cheltenham,VIC; Subiaco,WA;    why not get in touch with
the one nearest you?

The Parkinson's Assn. of WA has published a great handbook for general
practitioners who don't see many PWPs, and it is a good starting place for
others also.  I'm sure you will hear from saome of the other Aussies---glad
you found the list.

Also, the National Parkinson's Foundation (in Miami,Florida,USA) will send
their free materials overseas if you pay the shipping costs--they have
excellent materials. See the info below:

>Dear Friends---especially those living outside the continental USA-----

>I was concerned that often  some of our  members  outside the USA may not
>have access so easily to >PD publications and resources for information.

>Thus, I inquired of the National PD Foundation (Miami, Florida)   whether
>their excellent pubs might be >available to folks outside the USA and what
>the costs would be.

>I received the following response:

        >Hello:
        >Let's try it on the honor system.
        >We will send the literature along with an invoice for the cost of
        >shipping the package.  The information as always is free.
        >Please have these requests marked somewhere (Attention: M.
Alicea/Care)
        >NPF

>I would encourage listmembers to take advantage of this excellent
>resource. I expect that pubs can be >ordered by e-mail, so that not even a
>long-distance phone call is required. The e-mail address is :

        NPF Mailbox:    <[log in to unmask]>

        Don't forget to say "Attention: M. Alicea/Care"

Emma wrote:
>     Dear Chris   Thankyou so much for responding to my enquiry.   Kind
>Regards Emma

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "