At 22:30 4-8-99 -0400, Camilla Flintermann wrote:
>Dear listfriends---
>
>On CARE recently we have been discussiog a symptom or characteristic of PD
>which I've labeled "perseveration".  By that, I mean to include the
>physical and mental inability or difficulty in letting go of a thought or a
>thing, which seems to be common woth PWPS, and can be very frustrating to
>their CGs.

Camilla,

THe behavior that you describe is in psychiatry described as a symptom  of
a compulsive, obsessive personality disturbance, but too as a symptom of
generalized brain damage. In the time that their insults could not be
prevented by meds, epileptics suffered frequently from such brain damage.
Because brain cells are the most vulnerable from a shortage of oxygen and
havng an insult an epileptic stops breathing.Their behavior was described
as sticky, not beng able to stop something they were doing and not being
able to learn in a trial and error way, because they sticked to a solution
that was first tried, irrespective of the succes or lack of succes.

Ida.

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]