Dear Mary from Oz---welcome to the list.  The anti-depressants mentioned in
another post--Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, are all OK for PWPs with
monitoring.  My husband has taken Prozac for several years with no bad
effects, and it does lighten his mood.   Part of your problem may be if you
can't talk to anyone about your feelings, though--that can be rough!  The
meds take several weeks to be effective, too, so start right away of you
are going to.    When you return, could you consider some individual
counseling, or finding someone you can really talk about feelings with?
Would he go with you ? And would he consider joining the CARE list for CGs
of PWPs? He would learn a lot there!  Hope you can adjust meds so you will
be less frightened of the trip, which could be a pleasant change of scene
for you.   Do you see a neurologist who is experienced in PD / movement
disorders? That is often very important in getting the right adjustment of
meds. I  don't know how soon you must go to conference and trip, but hope
you can get things worked out so you are comfortable.  Remember that the
med problems are just that-- problems with the MEDS, and NOT your fault!

>I would be thankful of some advice.  I am going through a major loss of
>confidence and feel very vulnarable brought on by a few problems with meds
>not being effetive and aggrevated by the fact I'm due to travel to the
>Sydney conference followed by my annual holiday with my husband and two
>friends. I'm terrified of making a complete mess of things by getting down
>and emotional if my meds don't work.  You see my husband doesn't handle the
>emotional side of the p.d.  He's great at stepping in to help me but seems
>completely lost when I lose it emotionally.  I have had a change suggested
>to my meds which I will try but an anti- depressant has also been
>suggested.  I can't remember which are the compatible ones.  Can you please
>help. I will try the achives but I just feel to tired to wade through reems
>of info at present.  Thanks in anticipation. Mary from Oz.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "