Friends-- I've read these "hobby" posts with the thought that Peter doesn't
have a "hobby" -- but suddenly it dawns on me that of course he DOES----it
just isn't sports or stamps, or ham radio, or crafts----
He's a retired reference librarian, and his "hobby" now, which keeps him
occupied for hours and is better than watching TV is  studying the PD
materials he has collected, things I've printed out from the list, books
we've bought, etc.  It makes a gorgeous MESS having all that paper spread
around, but hey, it beats having him half-conscious in front of the "boob
tube"!  Part of the reason he does this a lot is that he can't remember
info he has read, and has to read it again---that's what PD has done to
this brilliant mind.  Glad he  still uses it in whatever way he can
So  lets broaden the definition of "hobby" a bit--different strokes for
different folks,as they say.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "