Hi List,

I imagine most of you know by now where I work and of my life long love for
aviation. Well, my love of aviation extends right on into my hobby. I build
and fly radio controlled miniature aircraft (notice I didn't say model
aircraft, because some of them are original designs and not a model of a
larger airplane). It has been a wonderful family hobby, especially when the
boys were home. We spend many quality hours in the workshop and at the
flying field. I'm gradually getting to the point where my PD hinders my
ability to construct them, but has had no effect on my flying abilities. In
fact I now instruct others and introduce them to the sport. Before he was
even born, I bought my first grandson the same kit my sons learned to fly.

The Wichita Eagle did an article last February about me. The reporter asked
how many airplanes I had. I told her I have about 25 airplanes, 18 engines,
and 10 radios, but some were still in kit form and that I only had 4 or 5
flyable at the present time. Well, she printed that I had 45 airplanes. My
wife is still looking around the basement to see where I've got them hid.

From the time I crank the engine until shutting it down after landing, I am
totally oblivious to having PD. I am  concentrating on the task at hand. A
pilot eventually gets to the point where he or she is not aware of what
their thumbs and fingers are doing on the transmitter. The only time I
notice any serious trembling is after a 5 minute combat engagement (we tie
10 foot ribbons with a 20 foot string to the tail of some special airplanes
we have designed and go after each other once a month). I have 20 kills in
five years. I come off the flight line shaking like a leaf from the
adrenaline rush.