Brian wrote:

these dopamine receptors have been
holding-back dopamine all day - very gradually, but enough. So we arrive
at the point where you have taken our last tablet, and some time later,
the dopamine receptors decide that if they don't release the dopamine
which they are holding, they are going to burst! Also, they cannot do
their job if they are stuffed to the gills, so the dopamine is expelled
in a great cloud and starts creating the dyskinesias which we know so well.

Brian,

If I do understand you well, you say diskinesia is allways caused by a
surplus of dopamine. Wearing-off dyskinesia is im your model not caused by
a diminishing level of dopamine but also by a surplus in disguise. You say
wearing off dysk. can be prevented by not taking the last dose. If I skipp
the last dose, the only effect is  the wearing off dysk starts about 4
hours earlier. If I make my interdose times longer, I do have dyskinesia in
every interdose time.
That has happened years ago when I too thought dyskinesia meant to much
dopamine and I tried to lower my intake. If the wearing off dysk. is there,
I have the choice between waiting till it stops or postpone it by taking
another
dose of leva-dopa. To stabilise my leva-dopa level  24 hours a day is
impossible, because of overdose dysk. which will destroy all the profit
leva-dopa gives me. ( I do use now 3,75 mg each day (+12mg Requip).
So your model fits for your symptoms and for the symptoms of most PWP's,
but not for my symptoms and the symptoms of a minority of PWP's.

Regards
Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]