Tom Riess wrote:

>If vision can impact on the two sides of this "coin" then one would expect
>that closing one's eyes should have some impact on akinesia and freezing.

My husband can be walking fairly well until he moves from a well lit area into
darkness. At that point he freezes instantly and cannot move until there is
light provided. I have to make sure in the evening that bedroom and bathrooms
are well lighted ahead of the time of need.

In spite of the bright night lights placed everywhere he might possibly need
to go during the night, They do not help. He cannot move until a room light is
turned on. He can no longer go outside to enjoy the garden on our pleasant
summer evenings, even at dusk when others can see quite well.

Martha Rohrer  CG for Neal, 79/14