Emma,

Welcome to the list.

Effexor is an antidepressant which does not increase dopamine and is not
used in the treatment of PD at all to my knowledge.  It can and is used
for depression which often accompanies PD. Usually patients start with
an agonist either pramipexole or Requip (Ropinerole) (or others) but at
times may start with levodopa. Levodopa is a precursor (Building block)
of dopamine  Agonists are drugs that act in a similar way to dopamine.

I hope this answers your questions.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.