I know it helps that I am a nurse and my pwp husband is a retired MD.
However, do each of you who have had trouble in hospitals have a list of
medications and when they are due? How often and what time. Many times
you can get a doctor to order " allow the patients to take his/her own
medications. I have a chronic illness myself and it a doctor does not
treat me well (it does happen, but not too often ) I am out of there. I
have stood up in the middle of a consultation , stuck out my hand and
said it has been nice knowing (even though it hasn't ) I sign a form to
get my records and take them to the next doctor. I must admit I hate
leaving this city but soon I must. Too expensive. I am sure we will
manage, I am somewhat assertive. ( maybe aggressive )  I make sure I
know when my medications and those of my husband are due, and that we
get them that way. Good luck. Oh course, some doctors and nurses are not
what they should be, but deal with it. This may sound more abrupt than I
mean for it to. e-mail is difficult but I can't call every one on the
list. Good luck, Nita