When my mother was in the hospital, we could never expect to see the same nurse twice, so I taped a sign to the wall above my mother's bed: Do not crush Mrs. Foster's Sinemet CR tablet. Also, please check that she has swallowed each medication. Thank you. Before the sign went up, I had discovered a nurse had been crushing Sinemet CR and placing it in applesauce (because mother was groggy and they were trying to help her swallow). Also, on two days, I had found slightly dissolved tablets (drugs other than Sinemet) under her bed. Lynne