Bob, with him I agree completely, wrote:

. I feel
>that she was unethical in changing the PD without checking with either our
>MD or Neuro

You're right on.  But, as though of us who work with know, neurologists are
*never* wrong.  The rest of the world may be wrong, but never them. :-).

 I gave the head nurse a written schedule of
>her meds, she said " No problem" When I discovered the screwed up schedule
>they offered no excuse or explanation. I would gladly have suggested a
>schedule more acceptable to them and still suitable for Cec.

I hear ya, Bob.  I was just pointing out that the way around the
nurse-forgetting-to-alert-the-pharmacy-about-med-times problem can be
addressed by asking the attending physicians to write the med times after
the medication ordered (Sinemet 100 mgm 12noon-2:30pm-7pm-4 a.m - or
whatever).  That way the med *must* be given at the hour stipulated - no
excuses.

>I forgot to mention that in another hospital stay this past year, I
>discovered that the pharmacist took it upon himself to change  one of her
>medications .

Yep.  I've seen that happen.  I remember when our hospital went to the
generic system of med administration and insisted that Tagamet would do for
anyone requiring a similar medication.  When I saw Tagamet sent up from the
pharmacy for an M.S. patient who had been ordered Zantac, I told the
pharmacist in no uncertain terms about the dangers of giving Tagamet to
neurologically impaired patients - I think I scared him sufficiently cuz he
was apologizing to me 2 hours later.

Hospitals can be dangerous places for PD folks.  While we're on the subject,
I sure hope that everyone understands the danger of Haldol administration to
someone with PD. I encourage you to list that med as one that cannot be
taken.  Incidentally, Haldol isn't necessarily deadly to PWP, but it can
sure cause sufficient confusion to make you and your families miserable.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann