---
Subject: Re: Hospitals!!!!!!!

>I just read that it is dangerous for neurologically impaired patients to
take
>Cimetidine.  My husband takes 900 mg. a day.  His neurologist never said he
>shoudn't.

Cimetidine is one of those meds that causes subtle neurological changes that
can get missed in the mix of things.  My husband has been on any number of
anti-hypertensives that adversely affect him - but not to such a large
degree that any physician would recognize an immediate change and call off
the drug.  I did see a change in function, however, and demanded that the
meds be changed.  In every case Jamie got better when the drug was
discontinued.  He's on Diovan now and doing very well indeed.

So.....does Cimetidine cause drastic changed in PD patients - or anyone else
with impaired neurological function?  The PDR sites dizziness, confusion,
hallucinations, agitation, disorientation, psychosis, etc.etc. in a
percentage of users.  Anecdotal reports indicate that Zantac is a more
benign drug - which is why our doctor prescribed it.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann