From: vbn6 <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Hospitals!!!!!!!
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 2:22 PM

I too could post some personal experiences
but I'd rather have you all read today's
(9/10/99) New York Times Science Section
article by Sandeep Jauhar, MD about this
very subject at: http://www.nytimes.com

"First, Do No Harm:  When Patients Suffer"

I would also like to recommend a fictionalized,
funny (but very true)  account  of how hospitals
*really* operate:

"The House of God" by Samuel Shem, MD
(Same author also wrote  "Mount Misery")

Victoria Nordli cg