> >          Gerry,
> > >Even with the same supplier every month the problem still persists.
> > >One batch of generics may vary +/- 20% according to FDA regs.The FDA regs
> > > are the problem not the supplier.
> > >    george
> >
> > >george,
> > >that's interesting. :-)
> > >it's not often I hear the FDA being the problem.
> > >all the more power to ya
> > >Bonnie daughter of Jim 77/3

I can only suggest that you yourself investigate the compendial
monographs.
I just took another look at the USP monograph for Carbidopa, and it
applies to ALL such formulations, i.e. generic and non-generic, and it
categorically states that it cannot have less than 90% nor more than
110% of the labelled amount.  This 10% deviation allows for variation in
the compression of dosage forms, that is the tablet or the capsule.
Of course they cannot check every single batch, but they are checked
randomly by the federal and by the state labs, and when found to be
violative, they are recalled.

Michel Margosis