Hi all--

Gee, it's good to be back.   That list for ovarian cancer is not nearly as
much fun as ours--even with our squabbles.  I never did master all the lingo
they  added in their signatures about different treatments but it sounds
like there are lots of relapses.  I decided I didn't need that at the stage
I am now.

I  would suggest to all those who could possibly get o.c. to get checked out
as far as possible if you have any of the--albeit vague--symptoms.  80% of
the cancers are already stage 3 when diagnosed, so any leg up you can get is
an advantage.    The signs are few: a bloated or swollen feeling in the
abdomen; general discomfort in the same area; possible loss of appetite;
feeling of fullness even after a light meal.  A larger tumor may press
against other organs like the bowel or bladder causing  diarrhea or
constipation or frequency of urination.  Less often, vaginal  bleeding can
be a symptom.  End of PSA.

I can't say chemo interferes with my PD.  I've had one complete cycle with
little or no discomfort --no nausea at all, a few instances of
heartburn/reflux that a Pepsid takes care of, and some flu-like aches.  They
start an IV with antinausea medication before they  give you  the Taxol or
Carboplatin..  Since I seemed to "bounce back" from the surgery so quickly
they made me the first person to have  her  por t s  inserted and go home
with a fanny pack of chemo instead of being hospitalized for the initia l
treatment.  Not a hitch.   These ports g ain access to an IV and IP
(intra-peritoneal) hookup so they don't have to hunt for a decent v ein
every time.  They are not fun; they hurt; they itch; they stick out of my
chest and waistline; but they are necessary and prevent all that digging Ro
u ND ,  And they come out later.

Didn't want this to go on so long.  I feel I'm home now.

Kathy Kunz