Kathy, I don't know that it would hurt to have the library look these doctors. I
just don't know what it would mean. Not much though. Now in hospitals, peer
review is done , to keep people on or off the staff ( allow them on also ) these
investigations are not open to the ( the results of them rather ) public.
Everyone has civil rights and should. There is no way that I know of  to find
out how good a doctor is, except by word of mouth - or if you can stand each
other. I have been to see doctors with excellent reputations and they probably
were good. We just couldn't stand each other. I think Barb M advice was the
best.
By the way if you have had good luck doing thing the way you do, just keep on
that way. The counties here have a book of county membership ( doesn't mean much
anymore either - it surely did at one time.)  For all I know the AMA book is
still in print. We get a copy of the county membership every year, I use it to
look up phone numbers, because I cannot remember them. I don't know what this is
worth to any one though. If there is a medical library near , they probably will
look them up for you though. Nita