Tom,

Let me start by saying, that I am not actually opposed to what you are
saying about vision and movement. But I do have some reservations. I think
Ida put her finger on my concerns when she wrote:

"For example, when someone says dyskinesia diminishes by closing your eyes,
I immediately think, because I studied  psychology: that can be true but if
it is true, what does it mean? I know that by closing your eyes the whole
nervous
system comes in a different state of arousal and activation (which are two
different things) and that may influence dykinesia. So you can't conclude
from the fact of influence allone that it is the influencce of a part of the
visual system that does it.
My conclusion is that, if we want to proceed with this project, we need a
basic understanding of neurophysiology"

For example in the long list of activities you mentioned as dyskinesia
suppressants all bar looking through a zoom lens require movement. So in
each case two things are happening - optical flow is being accelerated and
the subject is involved in physical activity. Whilst it is possible that any
decrease in dyskinesia is the result of changes in the rate of optical flow
it is also possible that it results from the activity. Lending support to
this possibility is your statement that the activity with the greatest rate
of optical flow, but least physical activity, riding in a car, has no effect
on dyskinesia. I assume, as you are about to publish a paper on the subject
that you have addressed and resolved this question.  Would it be possible to
give us an idea as to how you eliminated that possibility.

As regards akinesia I have found that when very bradykinetic and functioning
just above being frozen that my finger will freeze holding down the mouse
button on the 1st click. Some time ago I discovered that if I close my eyes
I can usually unfreeze my finger and then if I keep my eyes closed I can
sometimes even manage a double click that works, albeit at the slow speed I
have my system set to.  I have also found that I can achieve exactly the
same results if I keep my eyes open and look anywhere but at my monitor
screen and keyboard.  Something definitely happens, but what - and where?

Tom - I hope your paper excites enough interest to attract some money and
resources to a study of your theories.  Whatever the outcome of such a
study, the facts established will contribute to the understanding of PD and
consequently will hasten the cure.  Thank you

Dennis.