A few additional comments on closing one's eyes: I've suggested that
dyskinesia and akinesia are two sides  of the same coin i.e. they represent
the same pathology but this pathology is expressed differently because one
is manifested in  the presence of dopamine and one is manifested in its
absence.  They both  have a vision component and an autonomic nervous
system component.  For this reason closing one's eyes can partially
ameliorate dyskinesia as will a hot shower on the back of  the neck or for
that matter meditation.  As to the suggestion that vision's impact is a
placebo effect I would suggest the following as a partial answer.  If
vision can impact on the two sides of this "coin" then one would expect
that closing one's eyes should have some impact on akinesia and freezing.
I would predict that many pd'ers in a safe, flat , open environment with a
normal person at your side for safety would be able to take a step (or 2 or
3) while akinetic of frozen with eyes closed.  Such evidence, I would
think, clearly argues against the placebo effect.  Try it and "see".

regards,

Tom