----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Wood Family
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: Hobbies

            i think that i messed up yesterday sent this by direct individual e-mail sorry jim.
-----    when i was forced to retired in '86 I explored several hobby avenues.   I yielded to refurbishing the yard and garden.  that  was all well and good for the good weather days but in western new york we do get a few bad days.  to compensate for that period of time i went into wood working.  it is amazing  how the shaking stops when i  run the circular saw or shaper etc.  i built a cradle for my grand daughter, dry sink for the love of my life, an entertainment center for my daughter.  i then tackled the kitchen cupboards and  i made raised panel  doors, with a cathedral design,  out of oak .  working a few hours each week it broke up the dull days. i had to have  help from my son when it came to hanging the doors.  i  also have  spent many quiet hours putting jig saw puzzles together for those days when physical activity was a no .. then there is this monster that demands a certain amount of attention in  it self.  being the leader of our western new york parkinson's support  group it gets additional time you might  add  that as  a part of my hobbies.  i have not been saddled with parkinson's  (mr.PD.) as long as the  other don on the list but my feeling is the same. i intend to live long enough to beat the blasted thing.

d.k. wood 80/80/76