Bonnie-- Mirapex is an agonist, which "mimics" the action of Sinemet
without adding more actual dopamine.  I can be used either alone (early
stages) or along with Sinemet, with care NOT to overdose in the
combination---Sinemet is usually reduced when adding the agonists of which
Mirapex is one.

Actually it was a number of years before Peter npoticed "on-off"
symptoms--but that varies like everything else about PD!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "