At 17:52 1999/08/15 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject: Y2K
>>>For those of you running Windows, this is a fix for a small
>>>Y2K problem. After running this quick little test, much to my
>>>surprise, I learned that my computer would have failed on
>>>01-01-2000, due to a computer clock glitch. Fortunately, a
>>>quick fix is provided, should your computer fail the test...

sorry bob

i think this is yet another
juvenile-dweeb-sourced-fear-mongering-internet-hoax
at least as it applies to ibm-type pcs

the 'test' and the 'quick fix' described
are simply 'tweaks' on the date display for windows software
[and despite what mr gates says, windows is not the operating system]

the system clock in the 'brain' of your computer is another matter
and needs to be checked out, especially
if your computer is as old as mine

my advice would be to visit the manufacturer's website
[ibm, compaq, dell, gateway, etc = the hardware manufacturer]

ain't technology fun?

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>