>Camilla: If you look on the underside of your dishes, there should be a
>pattern name. If you tell me the name, I can probably tell you how to value
>them. As an aside, a famous Wedgwood collector named Harry Buten wrote a book
>entitled "Wedgwood ABC but not middle E." Note spelling of Wedgwood. As an
>additional aside, should I be responding off list since we are sort of non-PD
>with this?
>
>Paul

Hi Paul-- Here's what is on the dinner plate:

                        Earlham Hall
                    Earlham College 1847-1948

        circular mark which reads  " Wedgwood " across the middle,
        "of Etruria" around top of circle
        "& Barlaston" around lower half of circle.

        There is an incised mark which seems to read:
        Wedgwood   7  0  62  (a date of manufacture?)

        saucers are marked the same except include "made in England"

        different pieces seem to have different incised dates, and actually
        we bought them over a number of years, so that makes sense.

I don't know if this is a "pattern name" that is helpful, but would be
interested if you can shed any light.  Thanks so much!  And yes, I think
any NON-PD stuff can go on Sparkle--have you joined?