The news media has again distorted and twisted their coverage of this
action. While I am a Christian and truly believe in Creationism, I think
their stance is somewhat, but not totally wrong. I have no objection towards
the teaching of any theories, as long as there is a balance and some are not
excluded. I even study other religions which in a way strengthens my own.

What the State Board of Education actually did was delete the requirement in
competency testing for including questions on evolution. They have done
nothing with regard to deleting the teaching of evolution from any schools
curriculum, the students just will not be subjected to knowing this subject
in standardized competency tests developed by the state to measure academic
progress.

Quite a big difference from what has been promulgated by the news media.