At 10:52 1999/08/16 -0400, you wrote, in part:
>...If Ms. Samuelson is being ultra-dramatic with
>the purpose of scaring up additional research $$, so be it.
>But I agree about the fortune-telling aspect, and it
>smacks of sensationalism....

it is my understanding from my reading of this article
that any "fortune telling" and "sensationalism"
is generated by the words of the "journalist"
not by the words attributed to samuelson

stating harsh facts clearly is realistic in my view
not "ultra-dramatic"

i have more faith
in samuelson's accuracy than any journalist's

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>