hi all

At 12:21 1999/08/16 -0700, kelly sholinder wrote:
>Hi folks.....
>While I would usually encourage conversations of any kind that may or may
>not expand our thinking, I'm not enthusiastic about 192 pieces of mail that
>have little or nothing to do with my reasons for signing up for the
>Parkinson's mailing list!  I was under the impression this mailing list was
>devoted to generating and sharing information on PD for patients,
>caregivers, and friends/family members.  Instead, I'm wading thru china
>patterns and the theory of evolution!...

somehow i doubt
that there have been 192 messages about china and evolution!!!
ik would've noticed!!!
is there maybe just a tad bit of exaggeration here?

we are 1800 members
with 1800 ideas of what this list 'should' be
and 1800 'reasons' for joining it

>If anyone has a suggestion on how to receive
>ONLY PD information via this list...

list volume is a topic that has been discussed fully
you will find lots of information and advice in the list archives

there is also a ton of practical pd information there
ripe for the picking...

>Please don't view this as a "verbal spanking".... I'm just genuinely
>interested in finding PD information at this stage, and the volume of
>irrelevant mail coming my way is a tad frustrating!

trouble is
one person's irrelevancy is another person's way of coping
we are not here to restrict anyone else's voice
i hope

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>