I would agree with you that this is easier and better.  It can be given on
an empty stomach 30 min, (minimum) before the meal, OR  at least an hour
after. That allows the medfs to connect woith the receptors in the
intestine without competing with the protein.  Good luck!

>I told mom she needs to give it about 30 minutes to an hour before Grandma
>eats so it will get into the system and there is not such a long time before
>getting something in the stomach and it won't upset. We are also working on
>a low-mid protein diet.
>
>Mom said that my way would be easier buuuuut she wants advice from all of
>you that have been dealing with PD longer.
>
>Thanks again for your help.
>
>Cindy

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "