Dear Janet-- in one of the replies to Dennis you wrote in part:

>i didn't intend belligerence, just a degree of aggressiveness maybe
>our perception is our choice

I have to agree with Judith Richards that, no matter how you may intend
them , your comments at times do  come across as "aggressive".  Apparently
you are aware of this, and feel OK with it.
However, from the perceptions of others, it may indeed be a bit
intimidating, or unnecessarily confrontational, given the purpose of this
list.

Such  an atmosphere often provokes a like response, and things escalate
from there, often beyond what was initially intended.  This has happened a
number of times, and I don't mean to *single  you out* as others also have
come across as "in your face" at times in their posts.

May I suggest that  if someone feels a particular *critical* post was
directed at him/her it would be appropriate to try to clarify this OFFLIST,
in case there was a misinterpretation of what was meant?   This would in
most cases spare the entire 1800 members from having to hear and deal with
what may be only a  misperception or private gripe.   I feel that in most
interpersonal situations, whether at work, in a family, or on PIEnet things
should first be dealt with on a one-to-one level to see if they can be
resolved before going"up the ladder" to the "boss", "CEO", total
membership, etc.   That saves everyone some pain and stress, and may make
further discussion unnecessary..
I tried to stay  out of this one, but  I do hate to see folks again getting
fed up and wanting to leave. I thought starting SPARKLE would calm the
waters----silly me, there's always a new hurricane on the horizon!

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.