Just to add to the mix--I DO NOT have PD but I DO have numbness in both
feet, since about 3 years.  Had some tests and was also told "peripheral
neuropathy".    Now, neuropathy simply means "any disease of the nerves",
acc. to Peter's Tabers,  and the peripheral part means "the portion of the
nervous system outside the central nervous system" which includes
cranial, spinal and their branches to the entire body, sensory, sympathetic
and parasympathetic nerves.

From this I conclude that while PWPs may have this symptom it is not
limited to them.  Does this mean I'm entitled to excuse any errors I make
by claiming "a bad case of nerves"?   :-)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "