At 20:19 13-8-99 +0100, Brian Collins wrote:
>On Fri 13 Aug, Ida & Andre Kamphuis wrote:
>> Brian wrote:
Do I understand correctly that you take 3 tablets per day, of
>75 mg each? That is interesting; do the 3 tablets actually give you the
>full 16 hour coverage?  The contrast with my dose, which is also 75 mg
>but only lasts 2 hours is quite sharp.

Brian

That is nearly correct. I wrote that I use 375 mg.each day That is at
10a.m. at 1.30 p.m. and at 5 p.m 100mg sin.CR plus 0,25 mgr sin.reg., which
makes a total of 3.75 mgr. I can't take smaller doses, because doing so the
only effect is that I get dyskinesia as long as the meds are active or
wearing off. I am not the full 16 hours on. In the morning I have the
profit of sleep .From about
10.p.m til 11p.m.or 11.30p.m. I have my dyskinesia hour. The time after
that  I have an off-time as long as I stay awake, but that is not very bad,
as long as I don't want to do too much. To be "real" off I need a few days
without sinemet. My Neuro says I s should not try that.
In my experience all patients who suffer from wearing off dyskinesia use
only very low doses sinemet
I wonder whether total body weight has any unfluence on the amount of
sinemet one needs. For some meds this is true, but the topic is in general
rather underexposed in ppharmacology.
Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]