>At 08:03 AM 8/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>      the numbers mean the amount of carbidopa to levodopa.
>>50mg of carbidopa 200 mg of levodopa,  25 mg carbidopa and 250 mg of
>>levodapa. Hope that helps Janice
>
>Janice,
>Thank you.  I am sure I will find the difference between carbidopa and
>levodopa in the archives. <g>
>
>Kindest regards,
>Lichen

Dear Lichen---simply put, Levodopa is the stuff that supplies the dopamine
to the brain, and carbidopa is the stuff that helps it get there, and
reduces nausea---not technical, but I hope accurate enough.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "