Julius and Doris....

I know this sounds kinda crazy, but after having PD for almost 25
years as I have had, I guess I'd at least CONSIDER just about
anything provided by conventional medicine (which means I still
might consider alternative practices, but would take a much more
in-depth look at the later than the former) <errrr... or something
like that>

So for your consideration, I've had 6 pairs of collagen injections
into my vocal cords (one in each of my 2 vocal cords), since May,
1997.   One sets of injections worked very well on both my speech
(made it nearly normal) and ALL helped me to breath MUCH easier,
as they apparently stopped air leakage out of my vocal cords
whenever I breath in or out.  (This is what it SEEMS to be doing
to ME - not necessarily exactly, or medically what ACTUALLY is
happening within me) <I'm not an MD - just another Parkie>

I got the first and the last (done in early July 1999) at UCLA Med
Center by Dr. Gerald Burke (phone:  (310) 825-2023 <--- Dr.
Burke's nurse, leave message.  She WILL get back to ya, tho it
might not be for a day or two) <feel free to use me as a referral>

By the way, injections 2 the 5 were performed at Kaiser Permanente
in Los Angeles where I live.   At this point I don't feel Kaiser's
L.A. med staff is up to the same capability as Dr. Burke, nor do
they perform this procedure anywhere near as frequently.

One last thing - I no longer seem to benefit - VOICE-wise - from
the collagen injections  (sadly said), but consistently have had
good results with the breathing assistance.

ANOTHER "one last thing." UCLA's  Dr. Gerald Burke will be the
guest speaker at the PD support group I coordinate - the Encino
Tri-Valley PD Support Group - on Oct. 16, meeting at Encino
Hospital, 16237 Ventura Blvd.., at 1 to 3:00 p.m.  Ya all are
welcome to join us (REALLY!)

Barb Mallut