Dear Friends--
Just back from Peter's appt. with his neuro, and want to share a couple of
things.

The first question I had planned to ask was about using liquid Sinemet for
a booster at times----but before I could ask, Peter's neuro said he wanted
to suggest that Peter try it !   What he is finding helps some poatients
(at a Movement Disorder clinic) is to taske small amounts of LS  when they
feell they are starting to fo off.  He gave us the following instructions,
which you could check with your own neuros:

        INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIQUID SINEMET

1)  TAKE 3 TABLETS OF REGULAR SINEMET  25/100

2)  CRUSH THE TABLETS AND MIX IN AN 8 oz. BOTTLE OF ORANGE JUICE

3)  TAKE 1 or 2 SIPS OF THIS MIXTURE  IF YOU FEEL SLOW, STIFF, OR HAVE MORE
TREMOR.
        (be sure to shake bottle well before drinking )

He suggests that this may give a useful boost, and is simpler than
rearranging the entire med schedule to use LS, at least for some patients.
This is in addition to the usual Sinemet doses,BTW.

The next question I asked was about the Y2K / meds situation.  He said he
did feel there would be some problems with  supplies, and voluntarily
increased the quantity  of 3 Rxs we needed new scripts for, so Peter will
have a cushion of "extras" to save in case of need.

This is the neuro who communicates by email when there are problems between
appointments---can you see why we like him ?  :-)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "