E.W......

If you've read anything I've posted on the List ya might think
that the following is just another joke, so I must stress to you,
that in THIS case, I'm SERIOUS....

Whenever I have moments of great distress and anxiety I FORCE
myself to drive to the neighborhood Barnes & Noble where I somehow
find myself unwinding and starting to relax as I browse amongst
the books.  I make it a POINT to make eye contact with anyone
who'll do the same back at me, and I give 'em a smile (not a "come
hither smile," either - just a plain ol garden variety smile.
This last trip, I picked up "Memoirs of a Geisha" (outstanding
storyline), "Snow in August" by Pete Hammil (WHAT A TREAT!
Delightful..), and "Happiness is a Serious Problem" by Dennis
Prager, my all-time favorite radio talk show host.  He has a MIND!
And it WORKS!!.

Next, I go to the neighborhood video store and pick up 4 or 5
videos (Last one were "Waking Ned Devine" (whimsical, with dry
humor, set in Ireland's countryside ),  "Dangerous Beauty"
(marvelous, graphic-but-not-offensive, set Renaissance Venice)
and a very well written Dennis Quade contemporary western about a
family interacting as they face life's problems and surmount them.
I can't recall the name for love or money!  Sorry....

THEN, stocked up with good reading and viewning, I head on over to
the 7-11 and pick up a pint of Haagan Daz Coffee Mocha Chip ice
cream fo immediate and total consumption!

And when I get home I call a friend and imvote 'em over for
"delivered" pizza and video viewing, while scarfing down ice
cream.

The good thing about this method of "treatment," is it's not toxic
to your system, involves immediate action to distract ya,
stimulates your mind, and even if ya can't rustle up a friend to
come over, you'll still have something yo engange and distract
your mind at a time when that's important.

Good  luck....

Barb Mallut

I *ALWAYS*