Bonnie R. asked:

> What does Mirapex do different from the Sinemet?

As far as I know, Mirapex (generically pramipexole) is an agonist
like Permax, Parlodel, Tasmar, Requip, and Comtan.
The agonist mimics the action of Sinemet which is called the gold
standard for treatment of PD.  According to my understanding of
the pharmacology of this system, it reduces the freezing periods
and smoothes the transition between the "on's" and "off's".  Yet,
because each individual is unique, some drugs work better than
others.  I could try to seek out the technical text of the drug
monograph, but that would become very complex gobble de...

Michel