Hi, bonnie -

As others have written, Mirapex is a dopamine agonist.  It should help make
more dopa-mine available to the brain without having to add more Sinemet,
which can cause side effects.  I'd be interested in knowing if your dad
noticed any difference in his symptoms after adding the Mirapex.  If a PWP
(person with Parkinson's) is adequately medicated on Sinemet, then the
addition of Mirapex could cause over-medication type side effects unless the
Sinemet is reduced.

If your dad is still walking slowly and in fact hasn't seen any improvement
since the addition of the Mirapex, it would make me wonder if he's still
undermedicated.  It's not uncommon to not experience "on" and "off" times in
the first few years of PD, btw.

Margie Swindler   cg for Dick 54/17

<< The new med that my dad is taking is Pramidexole / Mirapex in addition to
 Sinemet.
 What does Mirapex do different from the Sinemet?

 Dad says that he doesn't have on/off's or at least there is very little
 difference between the two. Is that aanyone esle's experience? He continues
 to have slow, awkard walking, after he gets started, etc.