-----Original Message-----
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of plmaddux
Sent:   Wednesday, August 18, 1999 9:09 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: New PD Symptom?

Joe, I thought this was a common symptom of PD. It is, my second symptom,
following the tremor that started four years ago. Is almost more troubling
than the tremor, the tremor has only mild muscle aches in my forearm and
fingers, but this damn toe cramping hurts, and in the night time when I am
trying to get some good quality of sleep. My toes, mostly on the right foot
which is the opposite side from the tremor, cramp. tingle, and feel numb ,
which I can't understand why toes can feel numb and hurt at the same time.
All day whenever I think about it, I purposely "clench my toes, then grab
hold of them with my fingers and bend them up and backwards over my foot.
And when I go to the health club and sit in the hot tub, I give toes on both
feet a really good stretching, every way that I can bend them, this gives me
really good relief, until the middle of the night when the cramping starts
up again.  In other words I try to exercise my toes just like I do my
overall body to keep; in good muscle tone. My near had no suggestion for
relief other than ibuprofen. So for now I can only relate my experiences
with this problem, maybe other list members will have some input on your
problem.

Lanier Maddux              Chattanooga, Tn.